Counties, townships, and cities are independent governmental entities – yet interdependent upon one another for services such as water, sewer, storm drainage, and utilities. Township halls, police stations, and fire departments serve and are served by different levels of government. Knowledge of rules, regulations, and requirements is as important as technical skill. Helping the government operate more efficiently helps us all.
Governmental entities and agencies were our first clients, and our team knows the issues that are most common and costly. Our extensive work in this market – land development, infrastructure, water management, engineering, and utilities – are the backbone of many local communities. There is most likely a Spalding DeDecker footprint in a city near you.
Core strengths in the Government market:
- Road/Bridge/Pedestrian Design
- Traffic Studies and Engineering
- Landscape Master Planning
- Open Space and Planned Communities
- Site Analysis/Due Diligence/Evaluations
- Streetscape and Urban Improvement Planning
- Sanitary Sewer System Evaluation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Capacity and Operation Maintenance
- Lifecycle Cost Projections
- Project Administration/Quality Control
- Coordination with Public Agencies
- Facilitation of Progress Meetings
- Utility Master Planning
Does it matter whose bridge the water goes under?
It could, and our team is prepared to help navigate both the water and the process. Stormwater doesn’t recognize boundaries. Spalding DeDecker knows that overlaps in jurisdictions can raise issues, in some cases, higher than water levels. Our team approaches issues as partners, not purveyors, so all parties can work toward a successful outcome.