About the Position
Spalding DeDecker, an employee owned surveying and civil engineering firm, is celebrating 66 years in business – because of our employees. We look to hire skilled, professional, and innovative individuals who will add expertise and integrity to our team, and we provide an exemplary place to work. We are a dynamic organization that believes in rewarding strong performance; each member of our team can grow as far each of their abilities will take them! We are seeking a surveying crew chief(s) for meaningful and challenging work. Typical projects include standard topographical, boundary surveys and construction layout for private and public clients including contractors, municipalities, airports, and MDOT. We also provide staking on heavy-civil, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to work with others
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- The ability to motivate survey staff within a team environment
- Embrace working with technology and have a stable work history
- Have the understanding of reading and interpreting construction plans
- Previous experience as a crew chief while preferred, is not mandatory for the right candidate
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation, proficiency, and calibration of survey equipment
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, quality, and thoroughness
- Meet budget and productivity standards
- The operation, maintaining and organizing of trucks
- Safety awareness / Prepared for work every day
- Generate suggestions for improving workflow/cost savings
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Work outdoors
- Work overtime hours when needed and travel if the project requires it.
- Take direction well and communicate effectively.
- Stand and walk frequently; lift and carry equipment; use hands to handle tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch
Two Ways To Apply
Qualified candidates should forward resumes via the form below or send via US mail
Please – NO telephone calls. Thank you.
Spalding DeDeckerATTN: Human Resources
905 South Boulevard East
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Spalding DeDecker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minority applicants to ensure a diverse and well-balanced workforce.
Spalding DeDecker is a drug-free workplace. All employees participate in pre-employment, annual, and random screening for illicit drugs and alcohol.